Investing in the Country
- Saudi Arabia ranks in the top third of all countries for ‘ease of doing business’ (World Bank, 2015).
- Saudi Arabia is one of the top 20 destinations for foreign direct investment in the world.
- Over the past half century, Saudi Arabian growth in GDP was the third fastest in the world after China and South Korea.
- Saudi Arabia has the 3rd biggest current account surplus in the world.
- Saudi Arabia’s economy ranks 4th in the world for macroeconomic stability, and is one of the world’s largest economies.
- The Saudi Arabian economy is No. 1 in the MENA region.
- Saudi Arabia has 18% of the world’s oil reserves.
- Saudi Arabia is moving rapidly towards developing mines for large-scale deposits; in the past five years alone 21 new gold deposits and 4 significant copper deposits have been discovered.
- The Saudi government invests heavily in education, health and infrastructure and built up reserves amounting to almost 100% of GDP in 2014.
The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority
The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) oversees investment affairs in the kingdom, including foreign investment. For more information and contact details please visit the website here.