Investing in the Country
- Saudi Arabia ranks in the top third of all countries for ‘ease of doing business’ (World Bank, 2015).
- Saudi Arabia is one of the top 20 destinations for foreign direct investment in the world.
- Over the past half century, Saudi Arabian growth in GDP was the third fastest in the world after China and South Korea.
- Saudi Arabia has the 3rd biggest current account surplus in the world.
- Saudi Arabia’s economy ranks 4th in the world for macroeconomic stability, and is one of the world’s largest economies.
- The Saudi Arabian economy is No. 1 in the MENA region.
- Saudi Arabia has 18% of the world’s oil reserves.
- Saudi Arabia is moving rapidly towards developing mines for large-scale deposits; in the past five years alone 21 new gold deposits and 4 significant copper deposits have been discovered.
- The Saudi government invests heavily in education, health and infrastructure and built up reserves amounting to almost 100% of GDP in 2014.
The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) oversees investment affairs in the kingdom, including foreign investment. For more information and contact details please visit the website here.